Asistencia Legal Para la Comunidad!
We have offices located in Westchester and White Plains. We regularly defend clients in Hudson Valley, Westchester County, and all New York’s Boroughs. Our foreclosure defense attorneys will aggressively defend you to obtain the best possible result. You need an experienced attorney to fight against the big banks.
Buying a home may be the largest investment you make and foreclosure is always unexpected. Our lawyers know that every case is different and we will tailor your foreclosure defense to your specific needs. We will help you to find peace of mind through this stressful process so you can go back to enjoying your home.
The following are examples of the different strategies that our foreclosure defense attorneys use to stop your foreclosure:
- Loan Modification
- Agreement with lender to adjust the terms of the note to make it affordable for you to pay.
- Home Affordable Modification Program (HAMP)
- Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives (HAFA) Program
- Home Affordable Unemployment Program (UP)
- Agreement with lender to pay the past due amount, plus any late fees and penalties, by a certain date.
- Repayment Plan
- Agreement with lender to divide the late payments up and add them up to future monthly payments.
- Agreement with lender to temporarily reduce the monthly payments for a fixed period of time.
- Used to get you into a more affordable loan. Options are limited.
- Home Affordable Refinancing Program (HARP)
- FHA Refinance Option
- Short Sale
- Agreement with lender to sell your home for less than the outstanding amount on the loan.
- Deed-in-lieu of Foreclosure
- With this option you surrender your home to the bank and they sell it.
- Servicemembers Civil Relief Act
- This is for members of the military. You may be able to delay foreclosure or reduce your interest rate under this Act.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Used to temporarily stop the foreclosure and try to force the bank into a borrower friendly deal. Bankruptcy must be used carefully and as a last resort.
- FHA Disaster Relief
- You may qualify for this relief if your home or ability to pay has been harmed by an event that the President has declared a natural disaster.
- Partial Claim
- If you have a FHA/HUD loan then you may be able to obtain a one time payment to get the loan current and you don’t have to pay the loan back until you sell your home or pay of your original mortgage.
- Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program (MAP)
- New York based program that helps people in certain New York City areas that have been affected by the foreclosure crisis.
For guidance on Foreclosure Defense, please contact our experienced attorneys that will help you through the entire process and answer all your questions. You may call or visit our Westchester, White Plains office.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Se Habla Español
- 3 Saturday Appointment Available
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 318-9750 or (914) 361-4728 to schedule your free consultation*.