Asistencia Legal Para la Comunidad!
Deferred Action (DREAMER) and DACA Petitions
We have offices in Westchester and White Plains. Our lawyers will help you with all your immigration matters. Our immigration lawyers can represent clients in the entire United States including New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. Our Law Offices have experienced immigration attorneys that will represent you in any area of Immigration and Nationality Law including Deferred Action (DREAMER) and DACA petitions. Our immigration lawyers have already obtained approvals for our Deferred Action (DREAMER) and DACA applicants.
Deferred Action has been effective since June 15th, 2012 and administrative applications have been accepted since August 15, 2012. Deferred Action is a protection against deportation and removal. Deferred Action is for certain young people who were brought to the United States as young children. The applicants must show that they do not present a risk to national security or public safety, as well as meet other requirements before they can be considered for Deferred Action relief. Those applicants that meet the strict requirements will be able to receive deferred action for two years. Each application had different underlying circumstances and USCIS will consider each case on a case by case basis. The basic requirements for Deferred Action eligibility are as follows:
- Entered the United States under the age of sixteen
- Have continuously resided in the United States for at least five years preceding June 15th, 2012 and were present in the United States on June 15th, 2012.
- Are currently in school, have graduated from high school, have obtained a general education development certificate, or are honorably discharged veterans of the Coast Guard or Armed Forces of the United States.
- This requirement may be fulfilled by other means other than the examples shown above
- Must not have been convicted of a felony offense, a significant misdemeanor offense, multiple misdemeanor offenses, or otherwise pose a threat to national security or public safety
- If you have one or multiple of the aforementioned it is highly recommended that an experienced Immigration Lawyer review your criminal history.
- Under the age of 31 years on June 15th, 2012
If your application for Deferred Action is granted you may travel outside the United States with permission from the USCIS. To obtain permission to travel outside the United State you must apply for advance parole. When applying for advanced parole you must provide reasons for your international travel. The reasons for travel should be related to travel for humanitarian purposes, educational purposes, or employment purposes. All advance parole requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Our experienced Immigration attorneys can help you with your Deferred Action (DREAMER) and DACA applications. Our attorneys will help you from the beginning to the end of the application process. First we will analyze your documents to ensure that you meet the strict requirements. Then we will help you obtain your work permit and deferred action approval. Lastly, we will help you obtain permission from USCIS for international travel. Our immigration lawyers are here to help you obtain the results you seek.
For guidance on Deferred Action (DREAMER) and DACA petitions, please contact our experienced immigration attorneys that will help you through the entire process and answer all your questions. You may call or visit our Westchester, White Plains office.
- 1 Free Consultation
- 2 Se Habla Español
- 3 Saturday Appointment Available
Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 318-9750 or (914) 361-4728 to schedule your free consultation*.