2019 Top Attorney - Badge
American Immigration Lawyers Association - Badge
Federal Bar Association - Badge
Chamber of Commerce Greater West Chester - Badge
Expertise - Badge
NYSBA - Badge

US Residency / Green Card

Green Card / Permanent Residency
Residency and Green Card Lawyers

Our immigration lawyers have offices located in Westchester and White Plains. Our immigration attorneys will help you with all your Immigration matters and can represent clients anywhere in the United States including New York, Connecticut and New Jersey. Our experienced lawyers can represent you in any area of Immigration and Nationality Law and will help you obtain your green card/residency administratively through USCIS (United States Citizen and Immigration Services), in a tribunal before an Immigration Judge, or in a foreign country through consular processing.

Our experienced immigration lawyers will help with you adjust your status to permanent resident. There are many paths that you can take to become a permanent resident / green card holder. It is important to have an experienced immigration lawyer that will explain and guide you through the complicated immigration process. The steps to becoming a Green Card holder (permanent resident) depend on your category and whether you currently live inside or outside the United States.

A Green Card holder / permanent resident is a person who’s been granted authorization to live and work in the United States. As proof of said status, a person is given a permanent resident card / green card. There are several different ways for someone to become a permanent resident. Most individuals are sponsored by family members or employers in the United States. Others become permanent residents through asylum or other humanitarian programs as well as through the Immigration Court process. Sometimes a person may be eligible to file for themselves.

The main categories are:

  1. Green Card through Family
    1. Please click on the following link to see our page on family based petitions marriage fiance or other qualifying family members.
      1. Special Family Based Categories
        1. Battered Spouse (VAWA)
        2. Widow(er)
        3. V nonimmigrant
        4. K Visa (Fiance)
  2. Green Card through Job
    1. . Job offers
      1. This is the most common path and includes a wide range of jobs and work petitions.
    2. Investment
      1. These are specialized visa categories that allow a person to obtain a green card through monetary investments in the United States
    3. Self Petition
      1. Individuals with Extraordinary Ability
      2. Individuals granted a National Interest Waiver
    4. Please contact our experienced immigration lawyers to discuss Special Categories which include:
      1. Religious Worker
      2. Physician National Interest Waiver
      3. Iraqi Who Assisted the U.S. Government
      4. And several others.
  3. Green Card as refugee or through Asylum
    1. This can happen Administratively or in the Immigration Court
  4. Please contact our experienced immigration lawyers to discuss the other paths to obtain a Green Card / Permanent Residence which include:
    1. Amerasian Child of US Citizen
    2. Armed Forces Member
    3. Cuban Native or Citizen
    4. Diversity Immigrant Visa Program
    5. Informant (S Visa)
    6. Legal Immigration Family Equity (LIFE) Act
    7. Nicaraguan and Central American Relief (NACARA) Act
    8. Registry
    9. Special Immigrant Juvenile (SIJ)
    10. Victim of Criminal Activity (U Visa) and Victim of Trafficking (T Visa)
    11. And several others.

Only an experienced immigration lawyer can help you navigate through the complicated green card / permanent residence process. Our immigration lawyers have the experience necessary to help you obtain the result you desire. We will review your case to see through which categories you are eligible to apply for your green card / permanent residence. Then we will guide you through the rest of the process and help you obtain your Green Card / Permanent Residence.

For guidance on green card / permanent residence process, please contact our experienced immigration lawyers that will help you through the entire process and answer all your questions. You may call or visit our Westchester, White Plains office.

Contact Us

  1. 1 Free Consultation
  2. 2 Se Habla Español
  3. 3 Saturday Appointment Available

Fill out the contact form or call us at (800) 318-9750 or (914) 361-4728 
to schedule your free consultation*.

Leave Us a Message